We generally like to keep tabs on how tech fans are feeling about their favorite products and the assorted fan communities at Reddit are always some of the best, if for no other reason than trolls are filtered out of the picture by being down-voted into oblivion. One Redditor on Thursday asked fellow iPhone fans what one feature it would take to get them to upgrade from their current device to an iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 — here are their five most popular answers.
FROM EARLIER: Insider says two ‘iPhone 7′ models coming this year… but no new 4-inch model
- 2GB of RAM. This one is no surprise at all. Many leaks had suggested the iPhone 6 would get 2GB of RAM, which wouldn’t have been a stretch since other smartphones released around the same time featured 2GB or 3GB of RAM. Unfortunately, Apple kept the iPhone 6 at just 1GB of RAM, to the disappointment of many.
- 32GB of storage for the entry-level model. This is another feature that many iPhone fans have been wanting for a while, as manufacturers such as Samsung have made the leap and made 32GB the base level of storage you get on the Galaxy S6. All the same, as long as people keep happily shelling out for 16GB iPhones, it’s hard to see Apple changing this up for the time being.
- A 4-inch display option. We’ve argued in the past that it’s a no-brainer decision for Apple to make a new 4-inch iPhone just because there are a lot of people out there who still like the smaller models. Sadly, the latest rumors are that Apple won’t be doing that this year, so it looks like we may have to wait until 2016 to see anything like it.
- Slimmed side bezels, especially on the iPhone 6s Plus. LG in particular has shown us that it’s possible to make a phone with significantly slimmer side bezels than what Apple produced with its newest iPhones. This would benefit future Apple phablets because it would let the company deliver a gorgeous 5.5-inch display in a smaller overall frame.
- And finally, “less ugly.” This is sure to be a controversial opinion, but one user writes that “I don’t think the iPhone 6 comes even close to how good the 5s looked” thanks to “the camera bulge” and “the tacky plastic lines that runs across the entire device.” The thick lines across the device are something we’ve criticized as well and we wouldn’t be surprised to see them removed in the next iteration of the phone.